As promised in my sermon on December 27, 2020, here are the questions I gave as examples of ways to reflect on your spiritual health. I pray that all of us will take some time as we enter 2021 to prayfully, with the help of the Holy Spirit, ask God where he is inviting us to grow.
I've attached a document which lists the questions I referenced from the "Spiritual Disciplines Handbook: Practices That Transform Us" by Adele Ahlberg Calhoun.
There are many different kinds of spiritual health assessment tools available online. Please determine what organization is behind the assessment and that it is Biblical. If you would like some suggestions, contact me.
STEPS FOR DOING A SPIRITUAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT:
1. Find a comfortable and quiet place.
2. Pray, inviting the Holy Spirit to lead you during this time
3. Spend some time considering your Spiritual Health in whatever manner you choose to do so
4. Ask Jesus what is the next thing he is inviting you to do
5. Find an accountability partner to share your thoughts with, to help you make a plan to act on what Jesus is telling you, and to hold you accountable
6. CELEBRATE ever movement of God in your life and every little step towards a deeper relationship with Christ Jesus, for the glory of God and the sake of others.
My prayer for all of us at NACC is that this year we will intentionally seek to deepen our faith and grow in our knowledge and love of the Triune God.