I am presently "en route" from Brazil to Canada, having spent the last week in the cities of Belo Horizonte and Lagoa Santa (a small suburb city of the former and larger city). I was invited to speak at the annual Missions Conference of the 4th Presbyterian Church in that city.
Although, at the present time, I am eager to get home the trip has been a great experience in part because Brazil is an amazing place. Very true.
A few things I have come to realize about this amazing country (information taken from Wikipedia)
1. Brazil is the largest country in both South America and Latin America.
2. At 8.5 million square kilometers (3.2 million square miles) and with over 208 million people, Brazil is the world's fifth-largest country by areaand the fifth most populous.
3. The capital is Brasília, and its most populated cityis São Paulo.
4. The federation of Brazil is composed of the union of the 26 states, the Federal District, and the 5,570 municipalities.
5. It is the largest country to have Portuguese as an official language and the only one in the Americas.
6. Brazil is also one of the most multicultural and ethnically diverse nations, due to over a century of mass immigration from around the world.
I hope to share a few more things about my recent trip and experience.