Christ is risen! He is risen indeed!
The Christian church claims that Jesus the Messiah rose from the dead. But why did Jesus rise from the dead?
I would assume most Christians would following kinds of responses:
"Jesus rose from the dead to conquer death."
"Jesus rose from the dead to defeat Satan."
"Jesus rose from the dead to grant us eternal life."
I am thankful for the truth of those responses. Those respones also are a great way to begin to think about the implications and applications of Christ's resurrection.
Starting today we are launching a daily set of devotions / meditations that seek to give (at least) 50 reasons for the resurrection. To find 50 reasons for the resurrection might sound totally unrealistic but I think that as we move through this series we will actually more than 50 reasons the Bible gives us to answer the question: "Why did Jesus rise from the dead."
I am thankful for members of our church family who will be be participating in this series of devotions (if you would like to be part of the writing team, please contact Pastor Jo: email@example.com).
Here is a partial list of the reasons we will be looking at in this series of blog posts:
1. Jesus rose from the dead so that the long-awaited and promised “Son of man / God” would reign over and on the earth
2. Jesus rose from the dead to show the Father’s love for the Son
3. Jesus rose from the dead to show the Father validates the work and ministry of the Son
4. Jesus rose from the dead for our justification
5. Jesus rose from the dead to guarantee the future resurrection [life] of believers.
6. Jesus rose from the dead to give us a forestaste of the resurrected body
7. Jesus rose from the dead so that Christian preaching would not be futile...Etc., etc., etc.
So please join us for this series of posts. We hope they will be encouraging to you.
If you have any feedback, questions, comments or encouragement please contact our church office [firstname.lastname@example.org] or Pastor Jo.
He is risen! He is risen indeed!