We are offering a course on Friday evenings on how to read the Bible “cross-culturally”—that is how do we read a book written by and for “easterners,” not westerners? During this course we will ask the following kinds of questions:
- Was this the difference between a “wester” and “eastern” mindset / worldview?
- What assumptions about life, God, the world, etc. did the authors of the Bible have?
- How does understanding the worldview of the biblical authors help us understand and interpret specific passages of the Bible?
Here is some of the pertinent information:
* 5 Friday evenings: January 25, February 1, 8, 15 and 22
* Time: 7-8:30pm
* Location: Lower level of church
* Please bring your Bible, pen, paper and a yummy snack to share with others.
For more information about this course or if you wish to sign up, please contact Pastor Jo ([email protected]).
Tolle Lege (take up and read)!